1. where can i register for covid-19 vaccination?
you can log into the co-win portal using the link www.cowin.gov.in and click on the “register/sign in yourself” tab to register for covid-19 vaccination.
2. is there a mobile app that needs to be installed to register for vaccination?
there is no authorised mobile app for registering for vaccination in india. you need to log into the co-win portal. you can also register for vaccination through the aarogya setu app.
3. which age groups can register for vaccination on the co-win portal?
at present, all citizens above 45 years of age can register for vaccination.
4. is online registration mandatory for covid 19 vaccination?
no. vaccination centres provide for a limited number of on-spot registration slots every day. however, it is recommended to register online and schedule vaccination in advance for a have hassle-free vaccination experience.
5. how many people can be registered in the co-win portal through one mobile number?
up to 4 people can be registered for vaccination using the same mobile number.
6. how can citizens with no access to smart phones or computers manage online registration?
up to 4 people can be registered for vaccination using the same mobile number. citizens can take help from friends or family for online registration. facility for on-spot registration is also available.
7. can i register for vaccination without aadhaar card?
yes, you can register on co-win portal using any of the following id proofs: a. aadhaar card b. driving license c. pan card d. passport e. pension passbook f. npr smart card g. voter id (epic)
8. is there any registration charge to be paid?
B. SCHEDULING APPOINTMENT
1. can i book an appointment for vaccination in the co-win portal?
yes, you can book appointment for vaccination through co-win portal after logging-in to the co-win portal through your registered mobile number.
2. can i download appointment slip?
yes, the appointment slip can be downloaded after the appointment has been scheduled.
3. how can i find the nearest vaccination centre?
you can search in co-win portal (or aarogya setu) for the vaccination centre nearest to your location by either searching through pin code or by choosing the state and the district.
4. what if i cannot go for vaccination on the date of appointment? can i reschedule my appointment?
the appointment can be rescheduled at any time. in case you do not go for vaccination on the date of appointment, you can reschedule the appointment by clicking on “reschedule” tab.
5. do i have an option for cancellation of appointment?
yes, you cannot cancel an appointment already scheduled. you can also reschedule the appointment and choose another date or time slot of your convenience.
6. where will i receive confirmation of date and time of vaccination?
once an appointment is scheduled, you will receive the details of the vaccination centre, date and time slot chosen for appointment in an sms sent to your registered mobile number. you can also download the appointment slip and print it or keep it on your smart phone.
7. can i get vaccination without appointment?
vaccination centres provide for a limited number of on-spot registration slots every day. however, fixing an online appointment using co-win portal is recommended to avoid waiting time and queue in the vaccination centre, as in each centre only limited slots are made available for on-spot registration.
C. 2ND DOSE SCHEDULING
1. is it necessary to take 2nd dose of vaccination?
yes. it is recommended that both doses of vaccine should be taken for realising the full benefit of vaccination. both doses must be of the same vaccine type.
2. when should i take the 2nd dose of vaccination?
it is recommended that the 2nd dose of covaxin should be administered in the interval of 4 to 6 weeks from the date of 1st dose administration. for covishield the recommended interval is 4 to 8 weeks while an interval of 6 to 8 weeks gives an enhanced protection. you may choose the date of 2nd dose vaccination as per your convenience.
3. will my 2nd dose appointment be automatically scheduled by co-win system?
no. you have to take an appointment for the 2nd dose vaccination. the co-win system will help you book an appointment in a vaccination centre where the same vaccine is being administered as the vaccine type (covaxin or covishield) of the 1st dose.
4. whom can i contact if i have some problems related to my online registration of appointment?
E. VACCINE CERTIFICATE
1. why do i need a vaccination certificate?
vaccination certificate is a verifiable proof of vaccination that you can use to establish that you have been vaccinated in cases where any such requirement is specified.
2. who is responsible for providing the vaccination certificate?
the vaccination centre is responsible for generating your certificate and for providing a printed copy post vaccination on the day of vaccination itself. please do insist on receiving the certificate at the centre. for private hospitals, the charges for providing a printed copy of the certificate are included in the service charge (up to inr 250 per dose) for vaccination.
3. where can i download vaccination certificate from?
you can download vaccination certificate from the co-win portal (cowin.gov.in) or the aarogya setu app or through digi-locker by following the simple steps. you may do so by using the mobile number used at the time of registration.
4. which documents should i carry with me for vaccination?
you should carry your identity proof specified by you at the time of registration on the co-win portal and a printout/screenshot of your appointment slip.
5. can i get vaccinated with 2nd dose in a different state/district?
F. REPORTING SIDE EFFECTS
1. whom do i contact in case of side effects from vaccination?
you can contact on any of the following details: a. helpline number: +91-11-23978046 (toll free- 1075) b. technical helpline number: 0120-4473222 c. helpline email id: email@example.com you may also contact the vaccination centre where you took vaccination, for advice.
Registration for phase 3 of the Covid-19 vaccination drive started at 4 pm on Wednesday through CoWin portal, Umang app and Aarogya Setu app.
Under phase 3 of the vaccination drive, everyone above 18 years of age will be eligible to get vaccinated against Covid-19 from May 1. The registration for the same began online at 4 pm today.
Depending on the availability, you will be given a time slot. The date, time and address of your slot will be sent to you via SMS on your registered mobile number.
Four people can be registered using one mobile number and each person will have to provide a photo ID. On the day of the appointment, carry your photo ID used during the registration process and your appointment slip to your designated vaccine centre
People above 18-year-old can register for phase 3 of the vaccination drive using the CoWin portal and the Aarogya Setu app. Here is how you can register on the CoWin portal and the Aarogya Setu app: